Error message in Outlook: There is not enough free memory to run
In this article, you will learn how you can solve an Outlook issue if this error message is coming: "Cannot display the folder. There is not enough free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs, and then try again."
Today one of my customers upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After Upgrading, he starts getting this error whenever he tries to click on any outlook folder, which says.
"Cannot display the folder. There is not enough free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs, and then try again."
There is not enough free memory to run this program.
The cause of this Error message in Outlook is:
There you don't have sufficient Outlook memory to display the folders. This error can encounter due to many possible reasons. When the user is dealing with this error, the user can't archive his mailbox items and can't add big-size files or new contacts to the contact list. This kind of error message you will see when the Outlook mailbox reaches its max size limit.
Another possible reason to trigger this kind of error is to have a customized view for your folder(like any filters you applied). Suppose you are using BCM(Business Contact Manager) for Outlook, then add-in activates to each folder in the store profile. This will consume a lot of memory.
Resolution for this kind of Issue is:
To resolve this insufficient memory issue. You need to follow all the below steps manually. I explained how to modify your registry settings. Please follow these steps carefully when you are dealing with the registry. Otherwise, you may encounter more serious issues. That's why we recommend please you take a backup of your registry(based upon your Windows OS) before doing any modifications.
Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:
1. Close all Outlook Applications.
2. Go to Windows Icon and search Run.
Type Run and hit enter
3. Type Regedit, and then select OK.
4. You need to go into the Sub Key, Which is located here.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Messaging Subsystem
Below are the proper steps with images to open the location.
Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Then click on Softwares.
Then Click Software
Next, Find Windows Messaging System.
Then click Windows Messaging Subsystems.
4. Now click on the Edit menu, and then point to New. Then select DWORD Value.
5. A "New Value #1" will appear on the right side. In the next step, you need to right-click on this New Value and paste SharedMemMaxSize, and press Enter.
6. It will appear like that as showing in the image below after pasting this SharedMemMaxSize value. Right-click on it and click modify.
7. In the Value data box, type 300000. Use the default Base of Hexadecimal.
Please keep In mind never add two registry values of 0x300000. Just increase the value from 300000 to 800000.
One more tip:
If you have very large PST files then decrease the size of PST's by sending PST's to achieve or decrease the number of folders from your current PST then restart the Outlook
If you are using so many add-ins in your Outlook. Then you need to disable or uninstall some of them and then restart Outlook. It may fix the issue.
For more information, see the following Knowledge Base article:
269794 MAPI Advise() call returns 0x8007000E (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
Check out the list of all other articles:
- Learn How to Lookup With Variable Sheet Name in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Lookup Value Between Two Numbers in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Lookup Up Cost for Product or Service in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Lookup Lowest Value in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Lookup Lowest Sunday Tide in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Lookup Latest Price in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Lookup Last File Version in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Lookup Entire Row in Microsoft Excel