Learn How to use Microsoft Excel DELTA Function
In this article, you will learn how to use the Microsoft Excel DELTA function and its prime function in Microsoft Excel. You will also get to know the Microsoft Excel DELTA function return value and syntax with the help of some examples.
Microsoft Excel DELTA Function
The prime function of the Microsoft Excel DELTA function is to test two values are equal. That means with the help of the DELTA function you can able to test if the two numeric values are equal or not. When the DELTA function finds the two values equal, it will return 1, otherwise 0.
Return Value of DELTA Function
The return value will be number one or zero.
Syntax of DELTA Function
Where the arguments:
- number1: It is the first number.
- number2: It is the second number (optional).
How to Use Microsoft Excel DELTA Function?
As we know that DELTA function used to check the equality of the two numbers, in case the values are equal the DELTA function return 1 otherwise returns 0. That means you can use the DELTA function to easily count the pair of equal numbers.
If you left the number2 blank, the function assumes it as zero. If any one of the values is text the function returns the error as #VALUE.
Check out the list of all other articles:
- Learn How to Get nth Match in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Find Missing Values in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Get nth Smallest Value With Criteria in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Text Length in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Two Columns in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Random in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by One Column in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Custom List in Microsoft Excel