Learn How to Use Microsoft Excel INFO Function
In this article, you will learn how to use the Microsoft Excel INFO function and its prime function in Microsoft Excel. You will also get to know the Microsoft Excel INFO function return value and syntax with the help of some examples.
Microsoft Excel INFO Function
The main function of the Microsoft Excel INFO function is to get the information of the present condition. It implies with the help of the INFO function you can able to get information about the present condition like - platform, version, number of worksheets, etc. With the INFO function, you can able to get the seven types of information that we have summarized below.
Return Value of INFO Function
The return value will be the requested information.
Syntax of INFO Function
Where the arguments:
error-value: It is the type of information returned as text.
How to Use Microsoft Excel INFO Function?
You can use the INFO function to get the current information of the environment, which includes OS, version, etc. You need to supply the information which you want as a text and you can retrieve the seven types of information as provided below:
Info about the operating system.
The version of Microsoft Excel/ MS Excel
The version of the operating system.
First visible cell at the top-left position.
The number of active worksheets open.
Path of the present directory or folder.
Check out the list of all other articles:
- Learn How to Get nth Match in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Find Missing Values in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Get nth Smallest Value With Criteria in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Text Length in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Two Columns in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Random in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by One Column in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Custom List in Microsoft Excel