Learn How to Use Microsoft Excel CONCATENATE Function
In this article, you will learn how to use the Microsoft Excel CONCATENATE function and its prime function in Microsoft Excel. You will also get to know the Microsoft Excel CONCATENATE function return value and syntax with the help of some examples.
Microsoft Excel CONCATENATE Function
With the help of the Microsoft Excel CONCATENATE function, you can join together the text. That means the CONCATENATE function helps you join or concatenate about 30 text items together and return the value as text. In the newer version of Excel, you will find the CONCAT function, which has more range of joining the text's ability.
CONCATENATE Function Return Value
The value will be the texts joined together.
CONCATENATE Function Syntax
= CONCATENATE (text1, text2, [text3], ...)
Where the arguments:
- text1: The first text value which you want to join together.
- text2: The second text value which you want to join together.
- text3: The third text value which you want to join together (optional).
How to Use Microsoft Excel CONCATENATE Function?
As we know, with the help of CONCATENATE function, we can able to join or concatenates up to 30 text items together and will get the return value as a joined texts. In the more updated Excel function, the same task is performed with the CONCAT function's help, which has more range and ability to join the text together and is more flexible than CONCATENATE function.
Let us understand the CONCATENATE function with the help of examples given below:
- Example1: = CONCATENATE (B5," and ", C5) - This will return the value resulting from Apples and Bananas.
- Example 2: = CONCATENATE (B7, TEXT(C7,"mmmm")) - It will return the value "Month: July"
That means you can concatenate the date, times, and other numeric values, but then you will lose the number formatting, as shown in the second example above.
Check out the list of all other articles:
- Learn How to Get nth Match in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Find Missing Values in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Get nth Smallest Value With Criteria in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Text Length in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Two Columns in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Random in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by One Column in Microsoft Excel
- Learn How to Sort by Custom List in Microsoft Excel