Today we migrated from Skype to Teams in Office 365 and we turned on Video meetings for all the users in the organization. But some users still getting this error as shown below.
If your users are getting the same issue and then please follow the same steps that I am doing right now.
The first step is to check if you turned on the Video in your meeting.
Login into Teams Admin Portal.
1. Login into Office 365 Admin Portal
2. Then Click all Admins Center as shown Image below
3. Now Click Teams Admin panel As shown Image below
4. Teams admin panel
5. Now search meeting on the left side as shown image below
6. Inside Meetings click Meeting policies as shown below
7. Then click Global (Org-wide default) policy as shown image below
8. Now look for Audio and Video (Audio and video settings let you turn on or off features that are used during Teams meetings.). Look if you turned on Allow Video Ip, if not then please turn it on so users can do video conferences in the organization when they are in the team meeting.
9. Now click on users on the left side then search the user.
10. Find the Search bar and search the affected user then click on that particular user and look for policies and click it. (In our case Global (Org-wide default) policy is already attached so I am just showing you the steps.)
12. Check if Global (Org-wide default) policy is attached or not, if not then please attach the Meeting policy as Global (Org-wide default) policy.
13. Tell the user to restart the windows and then log back into the teams. After login, if still, users are facing the issue which says the video is disabled by the administrator, it means there is some issue in the user machine not in the teams policies. If you open the teams from google chrome it will work fine but if you want team native app will work then do this following steps inside the user computer.
Open the affected user machine.
The first step is to Quit the Teams from that machine. Go to the right-hand bottom corner of the machine look for teams, right-click, and click quit.
Now open file explorer then paste this
Some issue on the editor that's why it's not taking backslash so we replace it with "-" Please change it as shown below in the image
Then Delete everything from here and tell the user to restart the machine and login into teams. It will resolve the issue.
Comment me if you still facing the issue. Hope it helps!!!