AWS Storage Gateway associates an on-premises programming apparatus with the cloud-based capacity to furnish consistent reconciliation with information security includes between your on-premises IT condition and the AWS stockpiling foundation. You can utilize the support of store information in the AWS Cloud for versatile and financially savvy stockpiling that keeps up information security.
AWS Storage Gateway offers record based, volume-based, and tape-based capacity arrangements:
Document Gateway –The door gives access to objects in S3 as records or document offer mount focuses. With a document entryway, you can do the accompanying:
- You can store and recover documents straightforwardly utilizing the NFS rendition 3 or 4.1 conventions.
- You can store and recover records legitimately utilizing the SMB document framework rendition, 2 and 3 convention.
- You can access your information legitimately in Amazon S3 from any AWS Cloud application or administration.
- You can deal with your Amazon S3 information utilizing lifecycle approaches, cross-locale replication, and forming. You can think about a record passage as a document framework mount on S3
Volume Gateway – A volume entryway gives cloud-sponsored capacity volumes that you can mount as Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) gadgets. The passage underpins the accompanying volume designs:
- Cached volumes – You store your information in Amazon S3 and hold a duplicate of every now and again gotten to information subsets locally. Reserved volumes offer generous cost investment funds on essential stockpiling and limit the need to scale your capacity on-premises. You additionally hold low-dormancy access to your as often as possible got to information.
- Stored volumes – If you need low-dormancy access to your whole dataset, first design your on-premises portal to store every one of your information locally. At that point non-concurrently back up point-in-time depictions of this information to Amazon S3. This design gives reliable and reasonable offsite reinforcements that you can recuperate to your nearby server farm or Amazon EC2. For instance, if you need swap limit with regards to fiasco recuperation, you can recoup the reinforcements to Amazon EC2.
Tape Gateway – With a tape portal, you can cost-successfully and strongly file reinforcement information in GLACIER or DEEP_ARCHIVE. A tape portal gives a virtual tape foundation that scales flawlessly with your business needs and takes out the operational weight of provisioning, scaling, and keeping up a physical tape framework.
You can run AWS Storage Gateway either on-premises as a VM apparatus, as an equipment machine, or in AWS as an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) occasion. You send your entryway on an EC2 example to arrangement iSCSI stockpiling volumes in AWS. You can utilize doors facilitated on EC2 occasions for fiasco recuperation, information reflecting, and giving stockpiling to applications facilitated on Amazon EC2.
To begin with, Storage Gateway, see the accompanying.
In the accompanying documentation, you can discover a Getting Started segment that spreads setup data basic to all portals and furthermore entryway explicit setup segments. The Getting Started area tells you the efficient method to send, enact, and design stockpiling for a passage. The administration segment tells you the efficient method to deal with your door and assets:
- Creating a File Gateway gives guidelines on the most proficient method to make and utilize a record passage. It tells you the efficient method to make a record share, map your drive to an Amazon S3 pail, and transfer documents and envelopes to Amazon S3.
- Creating a Volume Gateway portrays how to make and utilize a volume door. It tells you the efficient method to make stockpiling volumes and back up information to the volumes.
- Creating a Tape Gateway gives guidelines on the most proficient method to make and utilize a tape entryway. It tells you the efficient method to back up information to virtual tapes and document the tapes.
- Managing Your Gateway depicts how to perform the executive's errands for all passage types and assets.
In this guide, you can principally discover how to function with door activities by utilizing the AWS Management Console. If you need to play out these activities automatically, see the AWS Storage Gateway API Reference.
By utilizing the AWS Storage Gateway programming machine, you can interface your current on-premises application foundation with adaptable, and savvy AWS distributed storage that gives information security highlights.
To convey Storage Gateway, you first need to choose the accompanying two things:
Your capacity arrangement – Choose from one of the accompanying stockpiling arrangements:
File Gateway – You can utilize a document passage to ingest records to Amazon S3 for use by an article based outstanding burdens and for financially savvy stockpiling for customary reinforcement applications. You can likewise utilize it to level on-premises record stockpiling to S3. You can cost-adequately and solidly store and recover your on-premises protests in Amazon S3 utilizing industry-standard record conventions.
Volume Gateway – Using volume doors, you can make stockpiling volumes in the AWS Cloud. Your on-premises applications can get to these as Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) targets. There are two choices—reserved and put away volumes.
With reserved volumes, you store the volume information in AWS, with a little segment of as of late gotten to information in the store on-premises. This methodology empowers low-dormancy access to your every now and again got to the dataset. It likewise gives consistent access to your whole dataset put away in AWS.
With put away volumes, you store the whole arrangement of volume information on-premises and store intermittent point-in-time reinforcements (depictions) in AWS. In this model, your on-premises stockpiling is essential, conveying low-inactivity access to your whole dataset. AWS stockpiling is the reinforcement that you can reestablish in case of a debacle in your server farm.
For a design outline of volume passages, see Cached Volumes Architecture and Stored Volumes Architecture.
Tape Gateway – If you are searching for a financially savvy, sturdy, long haul, offsite elective for information chronicling, convey a tape portal. With its virtual tape library (VTL) interface, you can utilize your current tape-based reinforcement programming framework to store information on virtual tape cartridges. When you document tapes, you don't stress over overseeing tapes on your premises and organizing shipments of tapes offsite.
Moreover, as you design a host to convey a passage programming machine, you have to designate adequate capacity for the portal VM.
1. For an entryway conveyed on-premises, you picked the sort of host, VMware ESXi Hypervisor or Microsoft Hyper-V. Also, set it up. For more data, see Requirements. If you send the door behind a firewall, ensure that ports are open to the entryway VM. For more data, see Requirements.
2. For a tape door, you have introduced customer reinforcement programming. For more data, see Supported Third-Party Backup Applications for a Tape Gateway.