The era of digital computing has left behind the conventional ways of physical data storage. Now we have better techniques and platforms to store our data. Privacy and protection of data are crucial not only for bigger organizations but also for every one of us. Technology has now revolutionized the way people used to store data. Now there are better ways to store data and to keep it safe and private.
One of the safest and popular ways of storing data is known as "Cloud Storage." The data you store on the cloud is online, and you can access it using the internet only. There are many cloud service providers out there providing excellent services to users. Among them, the most famous ones are Amazon and Microsoft, which are the biggest providers of cloud services.
When we talk about public cloud computing, three names come in our mind: AWS, Azure, and GCP.
What is AWS?
AWS stands for Amazon Web Services. It is a cloud service provider which is well-known for providing a variety of services including storage and compute. The primary role of this cloud service provider is for the businesses to grow and revolutionize them. With the biggest infrastructure industry, AWS is continuously growing with a faster and never-stopping pace.
AWS supports MYSQL, Oracle, and DynamoDB as database services and depends upon Virtual Private Network.
There are a total of 66 availability zones of AWS in the world right now. AWS offers the following storage services:
- AWS Import and Export
What is AZURE?
With over 54 availability zones in the world, AZURE is another cloud service provider by Microsoft. It is an open-source platform, and its main role is the development, hosting, data storage, and tons of other functionalities. Its services are the same as AWS, such as storage and compute. However, AZURE also provides many other services such as networking and managing database. Moreover, it is one of the best platforms for hosting web applications through Microsoft data centers.
If we compare the market share of AZURE with that of AWS, then it comes out to be 20% where AWS has a worldwide share of 60%.
AZURE also provides a user-friendly interface where you can host your website in a matter of seconds. Thus, it is the most powerful tool for hosting, database storage, content delivery, and tons of other features to promote your business the better way. Moreover, it also supports MS SQL and SQL Sync and works with Virtual Network.
AZURE offers the following storage services:
- Azure Drive
- Blob Storage
- Storage Stats
What is GCP?
Let's talk about the last but not the lease cloud service provider is known as GCP. GCP is the abbreviation of the Google Cloud Platform. Google Cloud Platform is the newest provider in the market of cloud service platforms.
GCP offers a variety of services ranging from SaaS (Software as a service), PaaS (Platform as service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a service). It also specializes in Big Data and machine learning. However, being the newest member of the cloud platform family, Google Cloud holds the lowest rank in market share. Moreover, it doesn't offer many features and functionalities yet as compared to the other two platforms. That is why GCP is used as a secondary cloud service provider in the market.
AWS VS AZURE VS GCP- A Quick Comparison
- All of these three cloud service providers belong to three different yet popular companies.
- The oldest one among these cloud service providers is AWS. Google cloud platform is the newest one.
- AWS is highly productive, yet it is difficult to use as compared to the rest of the two platforms. AZURE is the most user-friendly among the three.
- AWS has the most significant number of data centers in the world, while Google has the lowest ones.
- In terms of quality and quantity of services, Google cloud platform is the least productive.
- AWS is costly as compared to AZURE and Google cloud platform.
- AZURE is less effective in term of management than Google and AWS.
- AWS holds the highest market share, which is 62%. This share is nearly three times more than the share of AZURE. Moreover, it is five times greater than the Google Cloud Platform. Microsoft Azure holds a share of only 20%, while Google Cloud Platform holds a share of 12%. This market share is proof of the faster pace and growth of AWS.
- If we compare the pricing model of these cloud platforms, then AWS is the costliest. However, you don't need to make a one-time investment to use them. AWS charges per hour while the rest of the two charges per minute.
- Being the oldest ones, AWS and AZURE, is also productive in many ways. They offer a total of 128 processors in a virtual machine when Google offers only 96 of them.
- The memory capacity of AWS is also greater than that of AZURE and Google cloud service.
- AWS supports the highest number of operating systems, while Google offers the lowest number.
- AWS requires proper training as it is difficult to use, which is not the case with the rest of the two cloud platforms.
We mentioned all the main differences between AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform and their features. Now the choice is all yours to opt for the cloud service provider which best fits your needs. That is why it is essential to do a great deal of research before picking a data storage platform for your business.
The comparison between these three most popular platforms is proof that the cloud service providers are fighting a battle of providing the best services to the clients. That is why, no matter which service you choose, you will get the best results. Moreover, all of these providers are highly affordable due to the competition and saturation in the market. Hence, it is an excellent chance to choose one of these cloud service platforms to give the best to your business or enterprise.